Insignia of the Northern Territory
Insignia of the Northern Territory:
Use of the Northern Territory insignia
Use of the Northern Territory insignia is governed by the Northern Territory Flag and Emblem Act 1985.
The following broad guidelines apply:
- The Northern Territory Coat of Arms is not to be used other than for Government purposes.
- The Northern Territory Flag is to be flown by persons and bodies on land and sea along similar lines to those adopted for use of the National Flag.
- Greater use of the Northern Territory Flag by private citizens should be encouraged.
- The Northern Territory Flag should not be subject to usage, which lowers the dignity of the Flag.
- The Northern Territory floral and faunal emblems may only be used for commercial or sporting activities after specific approval is granted.
For more information contact Protocol NT by emailing email@example.com or calling 8999 6238.